Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time Data Block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time Data Block
    Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 10:07pm
On my flight South yesterday, I saw an interesting time on one of my data blocks and wondering if Jake has an explanation.  I have my 540s set to -4 GMT time so the correct times do display.  One data block had a local time of 5:28 PM (which was correct).  Another datablock had an ETE of 3:10 to my destination.  The last datablock had an ETA of 8:38 AM.  Obviously the arrival time was correct but it had AM instead of PM.  I'm wondering if this is because I arrived after 8 PM which is technically the next day on the GMT scale?  I just found it strange that the unit knew the present time,  the ETE but had the arrival time exactly 12 hours off.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:29am
I saw this behavior once before when I was flying.  I had GMT set to either -5 or -6, and local time was accurate but some calculated future times were 12 hrs off.  This was when the unit was brand new and I wasn't sure I hadn't screwed something up.  I was flying back and forth between Central and Eastern time zones, and one of the times I adjusted the GMT offset seemed to correct the issue.  I haven't noticed it since (but I also haven't looked for it).
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:56am
In this case, I was staying in the same time zone and GMT was definitely set correctly. The only explanation I can think of is that 8 PM is 2400 GMT so I was landing the next day in Zulu time even though it was 8:38 PM
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 11:27am
Doesn't ring any bells with me.  I'll test in lab on Monday and see if we did something silly.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm
Report back what you find. Just curious.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 1:32pm
FWIF, I noticed the same mismatch on the 540 iPad Simulator!

Tom
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 2:36pm
Yah, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. We'll know for sure on Monday I think.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:35pm
Jake,
Did you have a chance to check on this issue in the lab yet?  I am pretty sure it is a bug as I was able to duplicate it on a flight home yesterday.  My arrival time at my home airport was to be 7:15 PM which appeared correctly.  I then added another airport way point to the end of my flight plan which would require another 60 minutes of flying.  Sure enough, the destination arrival time became 8:15 AM instead of 8:15 PM.  I would still guess it must be related to the fact that I passed into the next day UTC time after 8 PM.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 4:01pm
Jake,
Were you able to confirm this finding in the lab?  If yes, do you expect it to be corrected in the next update after 10.1?
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:32am
You could set time to display in UTC as a work-around?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic