Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FlightMax MFD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FlightMax MFD
    Posted: 01 May 2015 at 2:20pm
I found this forum while searching and hopefully can get an answer. First I want to thank Avidyne for having this forum available.

We currently have 3 Embraer 120 aircraft with the FlightMax MFD installed IAW an STC. The FlightMax MFD is used as the terrain display for Class A TAWS(Honeywell MK VI) and as the radar display (Collins WXR270). Our TCAS is TCAS II so that is not displayed on the FlgihtMax anymore. As we all know the FlightMax is a legacy system and we want to upgrade to the EX600 MFD at the next "C" Check with an EO/Field Approval.

The EX600 specs state compatibility with WXR270 and with Honeywell MK VI, however for EGPWS/TAWS interface the spec sheet states Class B, is this a typo and that the EX600 is compatible with Class A or is it limited to Class B only? If this is the case are there any plans to upgrade it to Class A compatibility?

Thanks
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by phammer phammer wrote:

I found this forum while searching and hopefully can get an answer. First I want to thank Avidyne for having this forum available.

You're welcome! We're happy you joined us.

Originally posted by phammer phammer wrote:

The EX600 specs state compatibility with WXR270 and with Honeywell MK VI, however for EGPWS/TAWS interface the spec sheet states Class B, is this a typo and that the EX600 is compatible with Class A or is it limited to Class B only? If this is the case are there any plans to upgrade it to Class A compatibility?

Thanks

The EX600 is only approved for Class B TAWS. There are no plans to upgrade the compatibility to Class A.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic