Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aspen ADS-B Wx on IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aspen ADS-B Wx on IFD540
    Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 5:32pm
Sorry for the new thread, but not much current information on Aspen ADS-B box Wx compatability on the IFD540.

For Aspen ADS-B Box users with IFD540's, is it yet known if the 540 will allow cross compatibility to display Aspen Wx box info?  

Aspen "ADS-B" Traffic (as opposed to MLB100 "ARINC" Traffic) apparently not a cross compatibility issue, but for ADS-B Weather, the 540 has its own unique software/firmware display codes...

Is Avidyne maybe providing an "Unlock Code"?

Tom Wolf
Apache View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 12:29pm
Bumping this up.  I'm trying to research the "in" options that will display on the IFD540.  I would think that this would be in the IFD540 literature somewhere but I haven't found it (I've found examples but not specifically a list of approved devices).

For example, will the IFD540 show ATX100 weather and traffic on the 540's screen that matches that which is displayed on the Aspen?  How about arx100 traffic/data on the 540?

And will the IFD540 display WX500 stormscope data simultaneous with Aspen ADSB 'in" data?

Thanks for the help.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:00pm
I'm in kind of same boat, but working it from the other direction.

I have two 540s, dual Aspen 1000s, and an MLB100 (now called differently).  I can get some stuff out of the MLB onto the 540s and I understand with 10.2 or somewhere thereafter the full function suite will follow.

I'd like to get MLB ADS-B weather on my Aspens, and inquired about that both from Aspen and from Avidyne, was told they were going to test it and see what could be done, but don't know if that ever happened.  Guessing didn't work (as probably would have heard if it did work).

I've played with adding a second ADS-B receiver to be able to get WX on my MFD, but that seems excessive.

Probably as you do, wishing for more cross platform connectivity...

BTW, I don't think Aspen's ARX-100 ever happened, or ever will?

David Gates
Apache View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by ddgates ddgates wrote:

BTW, I don't think Aspen's ARX-100 ever happened, or ever will?

I actually didn't realize I was asking about vaporware.

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:41pm
I'm not sure their website knows that, either!  Would have been a good solution, particularly if it would have been Capstone-functional with the IFDs.

I think all Aspen appears to be offering at this time is the transceiver type, although assume one could just not use the trans- portion?

Edited by ddgates - 11 Feb 2017 at 1:42pm
David Gates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic