Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Record all your IFD settings before sending back.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Record all your IFD settings before sending back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Record all your IFD settings before sending back.
    Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm
Friends:

I just sent my two IFD540s back to Avidyne for hardware upgrade.

The pulling shop was not the installing shop.

The unit setups were changed; the pulling shop had some, but not all, of the settings.

I am told that Avidyne DOES NOT record settings on the units they service, and do not restore whatever settings were present.

So, my conclusion is if you send units back RECORD EVERYTHING - or better yet - have your installer send them back.

Otherwise you will be where I am now - having to reconstitute how the units should be set up.

It is inconceivable to me that there isn't at least a download and record of settings when they work on these units.

David

Edited by ddgates - 07 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm
David Gates
safari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 5:42pm
My installing shop and sending shop wrote down everything 
Dave
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 5:45pm
The sending shop thought they had too, except they had no familiarity with the unit and apparently missed the ADS-B settings.
David Gates
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:54pm
The maintenance settings consist of only a few pages. I have always captured them in a cell phone picture in case something happens, and in my case with all of the various pre release versions I've loaded has become a necessity.

NOW, the good news is that with 10.1.0.0 you now have the ability to download the configuration, user settings, waypoints, checklists, etc. I recommend you do this on a periodic basis "just in case". I have a completely separate USB memory stick for these, and also save it to my computer.

Edited by Gring - 07 Jul 2015 at 8:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic