Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Access to METAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Access to METAR
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:30pm

Using the IFD-540 with an MLB100-series ADS-B receiver...

Refer to the "Cool Feature" on page 2-28 of the Release 10.1 Pilot Guide. I can see the METAR flag for waypoints on my flight plan, but how do I then view that METAR?  The flag isn't something you can click on like the Chart symbol.

If I 'rocker' over to the INFO tab, the waypoint I was looking at is not the waypoint selected and it is also not the 'paste' option offered.

What is the quick trick for looking at a METAR from the Flight Plan?

David

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:12pm
The paste feature should follow the cursor, meaning if you touch the waypoint you are interested in on the flight plan or rotate the lower right knob so that it has the cyan box around it, then when you go to the info tab, that waypoint should be populated in the paste LSK.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:20pm

Okay, but the METAR isn't always actually for THAT waypoint.  For example, the METAR flag shown for a VOR in the flight plan is the METAR for the airport nearest to that VOR.

So looking back, you're right.  The INFO tab was showing me the information for the VOR (which would have been highlighted when I tried to tap the flag).  I couldn't figure out how to get the METAR, short of writing down the airport code and then typing that on the INFO tab.

It just seems like it would be simpler if the flag was clickable from the flight plan like the Chart symbol is.

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

It just seems like it would be simpler if the flag was clickable from the flight plan like the Chart symbol is.

I agree.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 3:19pm
Yup, I do too.  Will create a new entry in the candidate database for it right now.  Thanks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic