Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R9 List of Known Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R9 List of Known Issues
    Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:56pm
      1.       First time you transmit you get a COM: Tx Fault message – Fixed in 9.0.2
      2.       Transponder auto switches modes from ALT to STBY – partially fixed in R9.0.2 for Becker Mode C transponders.  Fully fixed in 9.1.
      3.       Transponder powers up with code of 0000 – fixed in R9.0.2
      4.       Very long flight plan can crash the system – fixed in 9.0.2
                a.       Flight plans to the west coast on a single victor airway cause this problem
      5.       Keyboard contrast degrades over time – Fixed in 9.1
                a.       If your keyboard becomes streaky or hard to read, you can adjust the contrast by pressing “A” and “D” at the same time to enter adjustment mode.  Then press “C” for contrast.  Use the FMS knob to adjust contrast, then hit enter to set it.  We have found that your settings will change over time, and you will need to set the contrast again.
      6.       AWOS/ASOS frequencies are not in Freq List on the keyboard– Fixed in R9.1
                a.       In the meantime, you can access AWOS/ASOS frequencies on the
      7.       Direct-to issues – Fixed in R9.1
                a.       ETE not correct when on-path direct-to is used
                b.      Next leg not drawn on the map -- Flight plan is on a D> to point A. A new waypoint B is entered prior to A and then a D> B is accomplished.  Afterward, the map shows a leg to B, but no leg from B to A.
      8.       Missing some high-altitude ARTCC frequencies in frequency display on PFD – Fixed in R9.1
      9.       Approaches not available if MAP has negative altitude – Fixed in next release of Jepp NavData
      a.       Note that VSR diamond will not indicate accurately on these approaches – Fixed in R9.1
      10.   Missing VFR waypoints – Fixed in next release of Jepp NavData
              a.       Available now
      11.   Class A airspace depictions in Europe – Fixed in R9.1
      12.   Fuel range ring not always displayed – Fixed in R9.1
              a.       The current workaround is to set SUA airspace on the Map setup page to the maximum range and declutter setting.  The display of the fuel range ring is incorrectly tied to SUA airspace in releases prior to 9.1.
      13.   Autopilot auto-switches to NAV-APR when a procedure turn exists at the FAF.  Autopilot flies ILS, rather than following FMS guidance to enter the hold – Fixed in R9.1
              a.       All the auto switching criteria are met when a procedure turn exists at the FAF and the flight path entry is within 15 degrees of the final approach course.  FMS guidance continues to give guidance for the hold, but the autopilot is auto-switched to APR to follow the ILS in bound.  If you want to do the procedure turn, press NAV-NAV again to go back into GPSS, and the autopilot will turn the aircraft to do the procedure turn.
      14.   IFDs sometimes do not recognize USB thumb drives, even when they were recognized before – Improved in R9.1
      15.   Heading miscompares – Fixed through procedure
              a.       Heading miscompares between the right and left IFD can be corrected by having your dealer precisely measure you panel and send the measurements back to Avidyne.  The majority of installations have already done this procedure.  If you experience frequent heading miscompares, contact Avidyne technical support.  Short-duration heading miscompares are not uncommon for highly dynamic flight.   
      16.   Airways do not cross country boundaries – Fixed in 9.1
              a.       If you are entering an airway that cross from the US into Canada, for example, the airway will appear to terminate at the last waypoint in the US.  In the meantime, simply manually enter the next waypoint on the other side of the border, and you can continue with the airway navigation.
      17.   Loss of one IFD may cause ownship to be incorrectly drawn on the map – Fixed in 9.1
              a.       In certain cases the loss of one Integrated Flight Display (IFD) may result in the ownship symbol being incorrectly placed on the map of the functional IFD.  Avidyne advises pilots not to use the map when either the right or left IFD is operating in a single-IFD mode.  Instead, pilots should rely on the HSI, in lieu of the map, for guidance and situational awareness.   A service information letter is forthcoming on this issue.
      18.   Radios sometimes truncate end of a transmission if transmission power is high – Fix not identified yet
              a.       Some frequencies have very high transmit power and cause the auto gain control in the radios to squelch each transmission.  This behavior has been noticed on a handful of frequencies around the country.  The workaround is to turn off squelch by pressing the volume knob on the keyboard.  Engineering has identified a fix for R9.1, and that fix is in testing now.   
      19.   Icing data may not be depicted when it should be. 
              a.        Avidyne has observed two instances where icing data was not depicted on the map when it should have been.  The icing age was displayed at the bottom of the map page, which is an indication that the product was displayed.  This anomaly occurred after changing the flight level of displayed icing data.  Engineering is investigating the cause of this observation.   

Edited by mnuffort - 11 Dec 2009 at 6:58pm

Edited by mnuffort - 29 Jan 2010 at 5:41pm
TH2OMBRE View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TH2OMBRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 12:31pm
Good info, here, Matt.  FYI, Re Item #1 I have seen Com TX fault occur a couple of time with R 9.02 N215MT.  It rectified in the usual manner—release the transmit button and then resume the transmission again.  As to item #15, I regularly see a couple of degrees heading difference in my N111TT R 9.02 between IFD 1 and IFD 2.  I do not get any miscompare caution, and that difference seems well within nominal variations.  Is that correct, or does this warrant tech refinement by LMA?  As to  item #19—I have the Sirius/Avidyne weather product that is one below the top, i.e., my subscription does not include the SLD icing data.  But it also does not seem to have any other data about icing.  Does it take the Professional level subscription to get any icing data at all?  I have flown one R 9.02 plane with Professional, and it had all the icing data.

I will sit down and try to compile a wish list of all the features I see as not being in R9 and would want to have, including those mentioned to me by other R9 pilots.  This is not a glitch list, so much as a list of missing features we'd like to see incorporated going forward.

Cheers, T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic