Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MLB100 Release 4.0.9 Available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB100 Release 4.0.9 Available
    Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 1:47pm
Avidyne is sending Mandatory Service Bulletin (SB 601-00000-001) Rev 02 to installers of the MLB100, which provides the instructions for loading software version 4.0.9 into the MLB100 receiver.

This Service Bulletin is mandatory for all 200-00270-() MLB100 units as it addresses the following field issues:

- ARINC Pressure Altitude (label 203) incorrect at altitudes below sea level

- ARINC Intruder Range (label 130) round off error when less than one mile distance from ownship

- Occasional ghost traffic 

Contact your local Avidyne Authorized Dealer for more information regarding the update.

Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 2:27pm
Mandatory - must this software change be done if one is only using the weather outputs of the MLB?
David Gates
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 2:30pm
If you are using just the weather outputs and it's working with no issues then this update won't change anything you are seeing. This update changes those traffic issues as outlined above.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 4:18pm
A supplier dubbed "mandatory" service bulletin, is never mandatory for Part 91 folks, unless it is also elevated to an AD by the FAA.

* Orest
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 9:39am
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

If you are using just the weather outputs and it's working with no issues then this update won't change anything you are seeing. This update changes those traffic issues as outlined above.

So in that vein, I didn't hook up the traffic from the MLB because I have a better solution in the TAS605.

Can you update us on the time line for the -A box swap and software upgrade?  Target has slipped, last we were told was January.

David Gates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 9:45am
No news on the TAS-A software from when we spoke last.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Risky52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 11:37am
The latest MLB100 Software release is 4.1.0 (actually the NavWorx ADS600-B) is available through your Avidyne dealer. Below comes directly from the service bulletin located on the NavWorx website:

This service bulletin announces the availability of the ADS600-B Software Version 4.1.0. ADS600-B Software Version 4.1.0 contains the following changes from Version 4.0.9. 

Added Garmin ADS-B Out + protocol as GPS source for ADS600-B. ADS-B Out+ protocol is output by the GNS series 400W/500W, GTN 650/750 and Avidyne IFD 440/540 (Ver 10.2) navigators.

 Relative target altitude for ARINC 735 Traffic Protocol is now computed using target’s primary altitude relative to ownship’s altitude of same type (pressure or geometric). 

 Resolved occasional data fail reported on IFD 440/540 and GNS 430/530 when duplicate index was added to ARINC 735 Traffic Protocol intruder file. Compliance: Mandatory for ADS600-B UAT units operating with Version 4.0.9 (or earlier) configured with IFDxxx displays.

I am waiting to get this update because on a recent flight I have data fail reported on my IFD 440/540 combo and received no weather. Traffice worked fine.
Wayne T.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 7:57pm

So my question is - is the MLB100/Sky Trax running Navworx or Avidyne software?

Why is that relevant beyond the obvious?  If it is Avidyne, less likely other systems will display MLB output - e.g. Aspen MFD.  If Navworx, more likely.

David 

Edited by ddgates - 28 Apr 2016 at 8:01pm
David Gates
california210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote california210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:57pm
Looking at the details on the Navworx Receiver in comparison to the MLB-100 unit.

Have the IFD-540 and the axp340 unit for Out.

is the Navworx software different?  How do I go about getting the Avidyne Software??

Thanks in advance for the help

Updating profile to reflect my setup so far... 
Steven
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:45pm
It would help to know the answer to that question.

Specifically it is known that the Sky Trax is a Navworx box.  So is the software or firmware same as Navworx, different, or unwilling to disclose?

It seems that Capstone is again coming into play in a number of environments and apparently the Sky Trax is going to be able to output Capstone format. 

I'd like to verify that, and verify what the software driver is before I spend the speculative $$ to try to get it to drive my Aspens from an ADS-B point of view.

Comments please, Avidyne?

David Gates
california210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote california210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:05pm
Thanks for the Reply David,

Spoke with Navworx this morning.  They did confirm that traffic will be displayed on both the IFD540 and over to Aspen but no Weather.  Im wondering why this is?  So no FIS-b in other words.  now I would be able to display all products on an I pad via WIFI but that seems to be cumbersome. Since the IFD will mirror everything on the display to the IPAD once that release become available.

Will do more research on the capstone protocol.

From my research and confirmation from Navworx the MLB-100 is indeed a ADS600 unit.  
Steven
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:52pm
The NavWorx ADS600-B and the MLB100 (Skytrax100) are the same hardware but with different software.  Both units have the ability to output traffic in ARINC 429 "TIS" format and in ADS-B format.  The TIS format (429 data) is the traffic type that seems to work on most any display.  The ADS-B format traffic appears to be more specific to each vendor, but is also more feature-rich.  Similar with the weather data, except that there is no ARINC 429 standard for that.  We will know more once release 10.2 is available for the IFD and we get to see the ADS-B traffic type in action.
cbenedikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbenedikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:38pm
Is 4.0.9 the most recent software for the Skytrax (MLB) 100? I'm having 10.2 installed on my IFD this coming week and thought I'd check in case the MLB 100 needs an update as well.

Thanks,

Craig
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm
I believe the latest MLB100 / Skytrax100 update is 4.1.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:20am
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I believe the latest MLB100 / Skytrax100 update is 4.1.0
Correct, 4.1 is the latest.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:51am
On this subject of latest releases, is there a page on the Avidyne website that customers can access to see a list of latest software releases for all Avidyne products? It appears MLB100 / Skytrax 100 software 4.1.0 was released over a year ago; however, I didn't notice announcement, even on this forum, except for one reference to a customer install of 4.1.0 six months ago or so.

If not already available, it would be great to have either a public summary page of latest software releases and/or a customized list of latest software releases tied to registered devices on the MyAvidyne site.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:58am
Is doing the update much of a thing?
David Gates
cbenedikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbenedikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:06pm

On this subject of latest releases, is there a page on the Avidyne website that customers can access to see a list of latest software releases for all Avidyne products? It appears MLB100 / Skytrax 100 software 4.1.0 was released over a year ago; however, I didn't notice announcement, even on this forum, except for one reference to a customer install of 4.1.0 six months ago or so.

If not already available, it would be great to have either a public summary page of latest software releases and/or a customized list of latest software releases tied to registered devices on the MyAvidyne site.

+1

Edited by cbenedikt - 31 Mar 2017 at 12:14pm
cbenedikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbenedikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by ddgates ddgates wrote:

Is doing the update much of a thing?

It's not much of a thing.  However, it does require a laptop (or a PC with a really long cable) with appropriate software and a cable to plug into the Skytrax unit.  Also in my case, the Skytrax unit (MLB100) is under the baggage area on an avionics tray in the tail section, so it takes a little effort to get to it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by cbenedikt cbenedikt wrote:

in my case, the Skytrax unit (MLB100) is under the baggage area on an avionics tray in the tail section, so it takes a little effort to get to it. 

When they did your install, they should have made it so that the maintenance port plug is in the harness within easy reach of the baggage area.  Like right behind the wall or side panel.

You shouldn't need to get your hands on the unit itself.

LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
I updated the IFD540 to 10.2, I updated the MLB100 to 4.1.

Please tell me what settings the RS232 need to be to get traffic. I am getting radar and metars.

Edited by LANCE - 23 Apr 2017 at 8:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:33pm
I don't have the exact wording memorized, and I don't have a manual handy.

Go into the config screens (maintenance mode) of your IFD.  On the serial data page, one of your inputs is/was probably the MLB100Wx or something like that.

Change it to SkyTrax Wx+Tfc or something like that.

I know my wording isn't exact, but it should be closer to the correct value than any of the other options you'll have on that screen.

cvela90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvela90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by LANCE LANCE wrote:

I updated the IFD540 to 10.2, I updated the MLB100 to 4.1.

Please tell me what settings the RS232 need to be to get traffic. I am getting radar and metars.

http://www.avidynelive.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1283&KW=232&title=no-traffic-barbs-with-102

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic