Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stormscope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stormscope
    Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 3:37pm
I have been reading through the manual as I just ordered two boxes but I can't find any mention with a Stormscope integration. Will the IFDs accept the WX500 data and display it like on the Garmin?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 3:43pm
Yes they do.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 11:35pm
Feature request: 
Could we have some indication someplace (is this there already?)  where it shows that that stormscope data is being received / that the stormscope is working.  

I would like some positive indication that it is working and being displayed.   I mean other than the lack of lightning bolts.  

Something like on a setup page.  Or a positive like the "XM WX n min"

Thanks, 

Ken
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 2:54am
+1
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:03am
I second the request that there shall be a menu dedicated to the stormscope. I haven't seen in the PG that there is a sub-menu for it, like on the Garmin, with the usual range rings and a mode to switch from cells to strike. A positive or negative acknowledgement of the functioning is absolutely necessary.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 7:12am
Added to the future feature candidate database just now.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 8:36am

Thanks a lot. I am new so I have no idea what that means in terms of timing. Are we talking 10.3 or could it be 10.2.x?

Thanks

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 8:44am
It's a candidate for 10.3.  Even though we already have an internal definition of the 10.3 content, that list does not solidify until we start that project, which is currently on-hold waiting for 10.2 to complete.

At this point, there is no planned 10.2.X.  The .X releases are bug releases (and of course 10.2 will be totally bug free......).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 9:18am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

... (and of course 10.2 will be totally bug free......).

Now, that is amazing planning!

* Orest

mgrimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 10:00am
Agree. Another vote. Based in Florida and the ONLY feature I miss from my 430's is the dedicated stormscope page. I try to mimic it by setting all the declutter options to the lowest level.
Thanks,
Mike
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 1:45pm
A dedicated traffic page would be nice too. In particular then you could provide the various control features that the GNS units provided for the TAS, that are missing in the IFDs.

I posted about that too, a little while, even did a little screen mockup, having it as one of the tabs on the MAP page. Don't know if it made the database.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 Dec 2015 at 1:46pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

A dedicated traffic page would be nice too. In particular then you could provide the various control features that the GNS units provided for the TAS, that are missing in the IFDs.

* Orest

Yes, this is in the database and a strong candidate for Rel 10.3.  I completely disagree on this and the dedicated lightning page but you guys have beaten me into submission.   Uncle.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 5:27pm

Yes, this is in the database and a strong candidate for Rel 10.3.  I completely disagree on this and the dedicated lightning page but you guys have beaten me into submission.   Uncle.

It is really appreciated that you (Avidyne) at the very least, listens intently to your customers. And I mean that sincerely --- it is one of things that initially drew me to your company. The fact that several of my own suggestions, those that have been judged to be of merit, have already been implemented truly blows me away! Of course, everyone can't get everything that they want, but at least it is given serious consideration.

In demoing my IFD to other pilots, it really does make an impression on folks, to say that that little feature (whatever) was my suggestion.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 Dec 2015 at 5:33pm
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 9:54pm
I don't have a strong opinion, one way, or another, on a dedicated storm scope page vs, what is there now on the 540.   But, I'd like some indication that it is there and working, whether there is weather there or not.   
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 6:10am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

It is really appreciated that you (Avidyne) at the very least, listens intently to your customers. And I mean that sincerely --- it is one of things that initially drew me to your company. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">The fact that several of my own suggestions, those that have been judged to be of merit, have already been implemented truly blows me away! Of course, everyone can't get everything that they want, but at least it is given serious consideration.</span>

In demoing my IFD to other pilots, it really does make an impression on folks, to say that that little feature (whatever) was my suggestion.

* Orest

Steve,

I want to emphasize what Orest expressed. It is truly appreciated and amazing to me that you (avidyne, but mostly you) take feedback from us on here. Because of this forum and this behavior, I have an avidyne cockpit. Please never loose sight of your customers.

Tony

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 8:08am
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

Please never loose sight of your customers.

Tony

We had a saying in fighters that were words to live by, literally.   "Lose Sight, Lose Fight".   We try to keep that forefront in our actions.   Glad to have you guys on-board for the ride.

Happy holidays to all and best wishes to us all for a great 2016.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 10:44am
And to you and the team, Jake.  Happy Holidays and wishes for a great 2016
David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:46pm
+1 on the additional interface data page on the 540 for the wx-500. I just got my 540 installed and other than errors popping up I don't see anything else to help me use it, like the ability to switch between strike display and cell display mode. I don't see anything in the PG and when powered up in the hangar don't see anything other than error pop up which the clear button removes. Is there any doc on how this integration works?
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 6:13pm
You can set cell/strike mode, and clear the display from the weather tab.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 8:18am
Right, that's the "Wx Overlay" line select key that shows up in the bottom left corner of the Map tab on the MAP page.   Pilot Guide description is in the middle of the weather datalink section of Section 3 (I don't have exact page number since I'm editing the 10.2 PG now and all pagination is different).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 1:40pm
Thanks, Orest and Steve. Found it.
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic