Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MFD Product Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MFD Product Suggestions
    Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:28am

This AvidyneLive topic is for product suggestions for the EX500, EX600, and EX5000 MFDs.  Please post any new product suggestions or comment on existing suggestions.  Avidyne will be reviewing these posts closely as our product roadmaps evolve.  Avidyne is continually looking for ways to improve our products in order to make flying safer, simpler, and more useful.

TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 2:57pm
OH YES! I would love to have the EX600 compatible with the Garmin GWX68 Radar, so I don't have to use the GMX200!!!!! And please include all the functionality that can be obtained with the G1000, the Radar  unit is even castrated with the Garmin MFD...
FlyingLester View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:32pm
Thanks for your suggestion TurboPA30.  Garmin has traditionally been very tight with there interface control documents (ICDs), not wanting other avionics vendors to interface with their systems.
TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:58am
Well, for me the consequence was to sell the Gamin Radar, buy a Honeywell 2100 and an EX600-radar. And I have gone almost 100% Avidyne now, the last Garmin box in my panel is the GNS480 (to be replaced by the 540, deposit already paid).
I like the openness of Avidyne interfaces to date, the cooperation with Aspen, and hope this stays this way.
TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:34am

Another feature suggestion:

Would be great for the IFD540 or better the EX600 to have the capability to display RS-170 video, for instance from the Forward Vision EVS-100. Either directly or via an adapter.

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:23am
We agree with your idea that an RS-170 interface would be a great capability addition.  It's on our list of "Can we add the functionality to the MFDs/IFDs?"

I have personally flown with the Enhanced Vision System IR picture devices on a Cirrus and see the value.

Thank you for the suggestion.   Anyone else agree with this suggestion?  Please let us know.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
mpradel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpradel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by TurboPA30 TurboPA30 wrote:

Another feature suggestion:

Would be great for the IFD540 or better the EX600 to have the capability to display RS-170 video, for instance from the Forward Vision EVS-100. Either directly or via an adapter.

I second this request. Don't want to have to add another display on the Panel. I have the EX600 for Radar & moving map today. But would agree to pay extra to enable it.. 

Will the EX600 support the proposed capstone 'standard' for ADS-B in Traffic & Weather?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the second.  We'll start to look at that in earnest after we've completed the initial cert of the IFD540.  It's not clear how hard that will be at this time.

As for the EX600 question, the answer is maybe.  We haven't been able to sort out when we can fit that into the queue but we do definitely believe the idea has a lot of merit.

Sorry for the lack of certainty on both your questions - I expect that will crispen up later this year.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:09pm
G500 competitor or certified version of G3x touch would be nice. PFD 4000 looks like a hopeful prospect, but it would be nice if the screen occupied more of the face of the display area along the top and sides.
Seneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:32pm
I removed a Garmin GMX200 to install an EX600 actually so my charting from Jepp was compatible between the MLB540 and the MFD.  So far I am not that happy with my choice.  It seems the fonts on the Garmin were bigger so that detailed weather info was easier to read.  Next and most important is that the viewing angle of the EX600 makes it hard to read.  The display is right of center in the cockpit and does not seem bright enough from the pilot seat.  Coupled with the font size I find myself leaning across the cockpit whenever I need to access details on the display.  As a result I mostly ignore an expensive piece of equipment.  My suggestion if it is possible is to allow 2 more clicks on the brightness.
Apiaguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apiaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 6:38pm
I think the brightness of the 600 is good (I have the later led version...do you?)  But text size is an issue... it would be nice to be able to adjust text size... Doubt that is possible but who knows?
Seneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:59am
I believe my unit is the newer LED unit.  And straight on or at a bit of an angle brightness is great even in bright sunlight.  But as the angle of view increases it gets dimmer to the eye.  In a perfect world I would like to improve the view angle, but the realist in me thinks the more likely fix is to brighten the screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic