Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > TAS600 Systems and ADS-B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OK, nearly end of summer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by dryan dryan wrote:

but we still have a number of months to go.

Steve:

The reason <we> don't find this promising is that at least three, and maybe more, estimated completion dates, have passed, and Mr. Ryan's note does not sound like anytime soon.

I have posted here respectfully my concerns about the practice of selling on the basis of "coming soon".  I would note, though, that in different forms, many sellers have done this.

I will be happy when the 605A integration is a reality, before my flying career ends.
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:34am
Totally understand.  We share the frustration but I do know with certainty it will get done.  In the meantime, your frustration and anxiousness to get the box in the airplane is warranted.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Timothy Nathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:15am
I don't accept that it is just a question of frustration and anxiety.   

You have taken our money.  Certainly in my case, it is money that I would have most definitely spent with Garmin had I known that you were going to break your promises to such an alarming extent.

You talk to us as if we were children in line at a candy shop, clamoring to get to the front.

We are not.  We are adults who have entered a business relationship with you.  We have fulfilled our duties and obligations, you have not.  

I have recently had an e-mail from one of the principal avionics shops in the UK asking why I am putting off so many of his customers from buying Avidyne IFD540s.  Although there are other more minor reasons, the principal answer lies fairly and squarely in this thread.

Some quotes, not from me, on the PPL/IR Europe forum discussing why people should not buy Avidyne products  include:

“I see the issue is that the amount of risk and hassle is greater than the price difference in the market.“

“Avidyne's engineering resources are too stretched. Their products are not fully developed when they come to market and their engineering support is limited.  EASA approvals are a huge hurdle for them."

You have already told us that this is a relatively low priority for you; I will keep trying to find ways of raising their priority.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 9:44am
A quarter has passed since we last discussed this.

Could we have an update?
AviSimpson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:23pm
The project is still a top priority and is currently moving along. Once it is complete we will be sure to post it here as well as informing our dealer network.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:00pm

Could we have an update?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:38pm
There are many of us loyal Avidyne owners who agree, and are losing faith in Avidyne product development and quality assurance.

Tom Wolf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:04am
And answer came there none.

...and Avidyne call me to ask why at my seminars I put people off buying their product! 
dryan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:31am
Avidyne continues to make progress toward completion of the ADS-B update for the TAS-A product.  We will make announcements as additional detail becomes available.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:03am

Could we have an update?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm
No reply?  Should we assume that the team has been quietly disbanded and Avidyne hopes that we have forgotten?
dryan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
My apologies for the delay; not disbanded, just very busy.  Avidyne is shifting additional resources onto the TAS-A ADS-B update project, which should expedite completion of the remaining test and certification activities.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:44pm
Excellent.  What is the target date for EASA certification?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:16pm

My apologies for the delay; not disbanded, just very busy.  Avidyne is shifting additional resources onto the TAS-A ADS-B update project, which should expedite completion of the remaining test and certification activities.

OK, you have our attention!  

Now that v10.2 and IFD100 almost perfected, this is great news 

Give us a teaser hint on time table on this and the TAS "A" display capabilities...

Tom W.

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 11:01am
Aviation companies never benefit from making public timetable estimates.  The best answer I ever heard on this question was from Frank Robertson.  A reporter asked him when the announced R66 helicopter would be available.  His answer, "After it is certified."

They asked him what the useful load would be.  "More than the R44."

They asked him what it would cost.  "More than the R44."

Robertson wins the blue ribbon for best answers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 12:16pm
It's a bit different when they've already taken your money, in my opinion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:03pm

Could we have an update?
AviSimpson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm
Tests are ongoing. There are a few internal initiatives that are also depending on this completion as well which will help push it even more.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:16pm

Work on the ADS-B software update is continuing and is generating much excitement for those of us working on it, but we still have a number of months to go.

We are looking forward to the same excitement.  I share DD Gates' frustration - going on 4 years breath holding.

Good news:  
1. Skytrax100 S.B. done today and fixed.
2. Skytrax100 978 Traffic displaying on my Aspens - anticipating 1090 IN ADSB + TAS "A" Composite to my540's... When out in the boonies I will still receive 978 IN on Aspens.

Bad News:

Dual 540 Cross-Synch auto-deletion of User Wpts still happening and very annoying...

Tom W.

Edited by n7ifr - 12 Jul 2017 at 10:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 2:07am
It is certainly difficult to understand how any software project can take four years after it was promised "in a few months."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic