Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GPS failure - even with 10.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:41am
Just got the plane back in the air after an engine repair and now having even more GPS capture issues than before.  Not fun in the Washington air space.  Which of the logs do you need me to send to tech support?
ColTim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 10:02am
Which of the logs do I need to send to tech support.  The GPS issue seems to be getting worse with my unit

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm
All of them.

* Orest

sephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:36pm
I was doing some commercial maneuvers and my 540 lost GPS while the 440 was still good to go.  I am still having issues even though it was sent back once already.
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 1:33am
I had a GPS failure two days ago when coming back from Italy to Zurich. The 540 lost the signal with the yellow warning message while the 440 didn't. My SW is 10.1.2
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:17am
Suggest you try upgrading to 10.1.3 which is supposed to help with GPS issues in Europe, Africa or Australia.

I had a brief GPS failure with 10.1.2 while flying in Massachusetts (USA) last month.  I haven't bothered downloading and sending the logs as I expect and hope that 10.2 will be out soon.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 3:45pm
Yes, 10.1.3 will make a world of difference for the European folks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic